ASA are currently recruiting for Driver Chargehand Waste Collection/Recycling Operatives to work in East Lothian. The main purpose of this role is to supervise a team in the removal of waste and recyclable materials in accordance with the client’s policies and procedures. This is a multi-role that will involve working as Waste operative some days and a Driver on others depending on the client’s requirements.
Monday to Thursday
07.15 – 15.30 with a 30-minute break
07.15 – 13.45 with a 30-minute break
Waste Operative £11.25 up to £22.50 for Public Holidays
Driver Chargehand £13.80 up to £27.60 for Public Holidays
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Lead and assist in the removal of domestic and trade refuse, in conjunction with routines scheduled on a daily basis this includes removal of special uplifts and bulky items.
· Drive and operate LGV, associated vehicles and operate plant and equipment including the required daily servicing and routine maintenance checks.
· Ensure health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times, and that all risk assessments, COSHH assessments, management instructions, method statements and policies are followed and complied with.
· Undertake other such duties and responsibilities that may be reasonably required by the service.
· Full and current LGV Licence.
· CPC Licence.
· Experience of operating refuse collection vehicles up to 26 tonnes or equivalent.
· Right To Work in the UK and Two References one from most recent employer
Benefits of working for ASA Recruitment:
· On the Job Training
· Paid weekly.
· Holiday accrual starting from your first shift worked with ASA.
· Refer a friend scheme – Up to £250 Love to Shop vouchers.
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND