As the catalyst to early diagnosis, diligent Biomedical Scientists are vital components of a successful healthcare team and ensuring the timely and appropriate treatment of patients. Without their knowledge, our NHS would surely be immeasurably different. An opportunity to become one of these integral members of our health service has become available on a locum basis through ASA within the picturesque Island of Kirkwall in Orkney.
As a locum Biomedical Scientist, you will be providing Orkney’s healthcare service with essential support throughout the forthcoming months. Due to your attention to detail, you will facilitate the smooth running of analytical testing to enable patient samples to be processed efficiently.
The HCPC registered, blood transfusion and haematology skilled, band 6 locum Biomedical Scientist who is successful will be required to undertake a variety of laboratory investigations concerning blood transfusions and haematology at their base within Orkney. The role is situated at a local hospital whereby accommodation can be provided and travel expenses within the UK costing up to £500 will be reimbursed.
To be considered for the role of a locum Band 6 Biomedical Scientist in Kirkwall, Orkney you must:
· Have membership to the PVG scheme.
· Have an in-date registration with the Health Care Professionals Council (HCPC).
· Be able to work at Band 6 level and have experience in Blood Transfusion and Haematology.
· Be attune to detail and work to implement accuracy in all you do.
· Have an inquisitive personality and the ability to problem-solve to a high standard.
· Be a real team player but also be comfortable working in autonomy.
· Be proficient in both verbal and written communication.
The role of Band 6 Biomedical Scientist will be running for a minimum of three months with the view to extend this further. If you have a keen eye for detail, pride yourself on precision, organisation and the desire to make a difference to our National Health Service, apply to the role of Band 6 locum Biomedical Scientist today following the link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland’s largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND