Proofreader Team Leader
Salary on Experience
A leading document management company is currently recruiting for an experienced Team Leader to look after their Proofreading team.
Duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading and encouraging a team to ensure deadlines are met
- Overseeing a high volume of printed proofs and the work of the other proofreaders
- Ensuring all text matches the original
- Ensuring spelling and style are correct and consistent
- Ensuring age numbers, headings and captions are correct
Skills, experience and personal attributes of the ideal candidate:
- Previous management experience in a similar role
- It is essential that the candidate is scrupulous about detail
- Highly skilled in written English
- Comfortable adhering to pre-defined checklists/quality standards
- Ability to work to tight production deadlines is essential
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident and able to make decisions
- High level of IT proficiency
- You must have prior proof reading experience
If you believe you meet the above criteria, please apply now with your CV to be considered.
Role: Sales & Office Administrator
Salary: £20’000 to £21’000
ASA's client are looking for an experienced Administrator to join their small team based in Dundee.
* Process customer orders for invoicing
* Provide accurate sales information on a daily/weekly basis from various retail customer websites
* Work on excel spreadsheets including graphs
* Be the first point of contact for incoming telephone calls, visitors to the business, collection and delivery drivers
* Data Entry, filing and general office duties
* Assist on a day-to-day basis across a range of issues
You must have business to business customer service experience (ideally from a manufacturing or Production background). Be proficient in Microsoft Packages with a strong grasp of Word Excel
For further information or a full job specification on this excellent opportunity call our recruitment team. We kindly ask candidates who reply online to attach an up to date CV with 2 working references.
ASA are looking for experienced multi drop and Lgv drivers (3.5, 7.5 & 18 tonne) to operate within the Fife area. You must be able to provide all the relevant licences and demonstrate good timekeeping while managing your own work. Shifts will be spread through out the week so you need to be flexible. Safety gear is required. Two references will be required.
This job is being advertised on behalf of ASA Recruitment who are acting as an employment agency. Technicians required for ongoing temporary contract. Duties include working with very small components, mechanical assembly of products soldering, crimping, wiring building product to a very high standard, in process inspection of units, meeting daily and weekly targets. IPC certification preferred although applications are also welcome from candidates who have relevant experience will be considered. Two checkable references required.
Location: Central Scotland
Contractor Rate: £15 per hour + OT
Our client has a requirement for an enthusiastic and self-motivated, fully qualified and time served electrician to undertake all aspects of electrical contract work
You will need to have experience in testing and a 2391 certificate is preferred.
You should have:
· Experience in all aspects of commercial and industrial electrical maintenance and installation,
· The ability to work without supervision and to organise materials
· Carry out testing and maintain a safe work environment.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to use initiative when required.
Good IT Skills and ability to maintain records
C&G Part 1 & 2 Electrical
C&G Level 3 Electrical
C&G 2391 Inspection and Testing
CSCS/ ECS Card
Full Clean Driving Licence
Great position, possible long term ongoing contracts for the right candidates.
Please apply to our busy Kirkcaldy M&E Team by sending your CV or giving them a call!
Interviews will be held locally.
ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE OPERATIVE
Contractor Rate £12 - £16 per hour depending on experience
Potential Temp to Perm Role
Electrical Maintenance Operative required for temporary to permanent contract in Aberdeen and surrounding area's.
You will be working as part of a larger maintenance team who will work on Fire Alarm installations and maintenance contracts. Previous experience is not necessary but an electrical background is essential. Training will be provided.
For the right person an ongoing temporary position with a permanent contract available. Training and transport will be provided.
Successful candidates will have to apply for a Disclosure Scotland which will be paid for by the client.
You will require:
Minimum SVQ Level 3 or equivalent (C&G 236 / NVQ Level 3)
To apply please send an up to date CV with your location to our busy Mechanical and Electrical team in Kirkcaldy for review
Interviews will be held locally
Salary: £13.72 + Overtime
My client has an urgent requirement for plumbers to work on one of their sites in central Edinburgh.
They are constructing 150 new build flats and they require plumbers with commercial experience to work on the mains, cutting 44mm copper and carbon rods.
The site is open 12 hours a day, 7 days a week with overtime rates at the weekend.
We are looking for people to start right away (tomorrow) so please apply as soon as possible if you are available.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com
Contractor Rate £15 - £19 via payroll partner
Joiners required for ongoing long term contracts in and around Aberdeen.
A variety of contracts with our clients in Aberdeen have become available, which required reliable Joiners.
You will hold a CSCS card and have experience in all aspects of Joinery work including shop-fitting - commercial fit outs and domestic installations and repairs
Good rates and genuine long term contracts available.
Please contact our busy Construction Team in Kirkcaldy to find out more!
Contractor Rate £9 via Payroll Partner
General Labourers required for ongoing contracts in and around Aberdeen.
You will hold CSCS card and be able to work on a variety of sites assisting all different trades.
Please contact our Construction Team in Kirkcaldy to discuss further!
Salary: £14 per hour through a payroll company
My client is a nation wide mechanical and electrical contractor that currently has a large ongoing project in Edinburgh city centre.
They have an immediate requirement for electricians that have strong commercial backgrounds.
It is a new build hotel that is currently being built and there is another 4/5 months left on the job.
To apply, please forward CV's to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASA recruitments client, a well established firm of chartered accountants based in Glasgow, are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their busy team.
Key experience should include:
• Preparation of VAT Returns
• Dealing with sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts
• General office duties
• Ad hoc work as required
• Have a minimum of 2 years work experience in a professional accountancy related role within a chartered accounting firm
• Be able to adhere to deadlines
• Have an excellent IT knowledge which includes Sage Line 50,Iris, Excel, and word
• Be able to work on your own and as part of a team
Salary Dependant on Experience
ASA Recruitment require a Housing Officer to work with our client who is a charitable organisation based in Glasgow City Centre.
You will deliver a professional, impartial, pragmatic and outcome focussed telephone and email advice service to clients whilst working to organisational and national quality standards.
You will give full advice on different areas of law which may include a number of the following areas: homelessness and housing, welfare & housing benefits. You will also undertake some complex enquiries or cases which will be supported by a Senior Adviser or Team member.
· Carry out diagnostic questioning on the telephone to assess caller needs.
· Read incoming client emails and assess their needs.
· Initiate contact or referral with other agencies where there are multiple issues and cases.
· Participate in fulfilling rotas as agreed for service provision, i.e. telephone & email.
· Give Full advice on housing cases as required by Team Leader. (subject to appropriate training).
· Advocacy on behalf of client to other agencies and authorities.
· Other advice related tasks as delegated by the Senior Adviser and Team Leader.
· Answer enquiries by telephone and email.
· Ensure client details are entered onto database accurately and punctually.
· Agree client’s needs and identify desired outcomes and actions.
· Meet internal and external quality and performance targets.
Hours 37.5 per Week
Salary up to £21,000 + Benefits
Title: Maintenance Engineer (Electrical Bias)
Location: Central Belt, Edinburgh
Salary: £26,000 to £30,000.
My client is a major food manufacturer in the Central Belt (East Coast). They have an immediate requirement for a time-served (or qualified) electrical maintenance engineer who has gained additional mechanical skills during their career.
As a food manufacturing specialist engineer, you will will attend to all electrical fault finding, repairs and PPM of plant equipment. The equipment includes conveyor systems, pneumatics and steam processing equipment much of which is PLC controlled.
The ability to fault find and make repairs to Allen Bradley, Mitsubishi or Siemens PLC systems and associated equipment is integral to the role.
Utilising your electrical knowledge, you will also be responsible for any wiring/rewiring and ensuring this is up to regulation standards. You will also be knowledgeable in safe practice and be able to isolate electrical and mechanical systems when required.
You will be joining a hard working but friendly engineering team consisting of electrical, mechanical and welding specialists and will have the opportunity to progress within this leading manufacturer. This company has a very low turn-over of staff and offers long-term stability.
The shift pattern consists of mainly day and back shift rotation with nights only coming up once in a while.
Time served/Qualified electrical technician
Ideally food/FMCG manufacturing experience
Good knowledge of PLC systems & fault finding
Rounded knowledge of pneumatic/hydraulic equipment
To apply, please forward CV's to email@example.com
Sales Support Advisor
£17,000 per annum
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Sales Support Advisor to work in a busy financial services team.
Duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Provide support to advisors and make recommendations regarding protected mortgages
- Arrange appointments and manage advisors diaries to maximise sales opportunities
- Include completion of DIP’s, full applications for mortgage and protection, submission of forms to lenders and suitability letters
- Chase applications effectively to offer/terms, updating client every 72 hours, minimum, to ensure exceptional customer service and generating client referrals
- Undertake CPD including product knowledge, regulation, industry and market awareness. Maintain strong working relationships with colleagues
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients
- To work within all legal and company requirements
- Any other reasonable requests made by management
Skills and personal attributes of the ideal candidate include:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Customer service / telephony experience essential
- Proven Mortgage and Protection experience preferably in the Broker/IFA market desirable
- Working knowledge of all mortgage and protection products
- Working knowledge of Broker operations
- Basic understanding of FSA regulations
- CeMAP would be preferred
If you believe you match the criteria specified, please apply now with your CV to be considered.
£12.50 - £13.00 per hour (via payroll company)
18 months +
Due to an increasing number of contracts being signed off with a variety of companies around Edinburgh, I am looking for an experienced Joiner who would class themselves as an 'all rounder' to start maintenance work for housing associations, schools, community centres and private hospitals.
You will have experience in both 1st and 2nd fix work, although the majority will be finishing work.
You will be competent in installing locks, hanging doors, skirting and facings. You may also be required to work on kitchen and bathroom installs.
Working with this company will ensure you a variety of work in different environments around Edinburgh.
You will be provided with a company van so a clean, driving licence is essential.
This job is likely to turn in to a permanent role for the right candidate.
Please apply ASAP by sending an up to date CV &/or a brief cover letter, detailing your relevant experience.