ASA Recruitment require a Housing Helpline Adviser to work with our client who is a charitable organisation based in Glasgow City Centre. This will be a Fixed Term contract initially for a period of 12 months.
You will deliver a professional, impartial, pragmatic and outcome focussed telephone and email advice service to clients whilst working to organisational and national quality standards.
You will give full advice on different areas of law which may include a number of the following areas: homelessness and housing, welfare & housing benefits. You will also undertake some complex enquiries or cases which will be supported by a Senior Adviser or Team member.
· Carry out diagnostic questioning on the telephone to assess caller needs.
· Read incoming client emails and assess their needs.
· Initiate contact or referral with other agencies where there are multiple issues and cases.
· Participate in fulfilling rotas as agreed for service provision, i.e. telephone & email.
· Give Full advice on housing cases as required by Team Leader. (subject to appropriate training).
· Advocacy on behalf of client to other agencies and authorities.
· Other advice related tasks as delegated by the Senior Adviser and Team Leader.
· Answer enquiries by telephone and email.
· Ensure client details are entered onto database accurately and punctually.
· Agree client’s needs and identify desired outcomes and actions.
· Meet internal and external quality and performance targets.
Hours 37.5 per Week
Salary up to £21,000 + Benefits
ASA are currently looking for an experienced Maintenance engineer to join their clients established team within Fife. This role is based within a newly refurbished plant and will involve all aspects of mechanical (and to a lesser extent electrical) Maintenance. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate that they come from a similar background and have substantial experience of process engineering. It will be required to work off your on initiative and make quick thinking decisions to ensure that the line is maintained to it's full potential. The successful candidate will need to be flexible with their time and be available at short notice.
Two references are required
ASA Recruitment are currently recruiting for a well known business in the south side of Glasgow for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to join their busy team.
Key responsibilities include;
- Work towards KPI targets and ensure that all departmental deadlines are achieved
- Accurate and timely input of invoices and credit notes
- Maintenance of records within the database
- Completion of statement reconciliations for accounts
- Liaise with suppliers and internal departments to resolve queries
- Identify problem accounts
- Prepare monthly payments
- Monthly close down of ledger
- Any other appropriate duties
- Previous experience
- Good communication skills at all levels
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Strong Excel skills
- Self starter & motivated
- Comfortable with decision making
- Confident & Assertive
- Excellent Telephone Manner
- Good Attention to detail
This is an excellent opportunity, paying a salary of £15,000. Please apply with your CV.
ASA Recruitments client, a large manufacturing organisation, is looking to hire an IT Systems Administrator for their group head office in Edinburgh.
Job Title : IT Systems Administrator
Salary : £25K-£27K plus excellent benefits
Hours : 37 per week
Location : Edinburgh
Reporting to the Group IT Manager, this role is to provide support to all IT and telephony users within our group of companies and assist IT Management with the development of new systems.
The key roles and responsibilities within this new role are:
· Install and maintain all hardware, and ensure that downtime is minimised and in line with agreed service levels
· Install and maintain software required by users and in line with the company policies
· Trouble shooting and diagnosis of faults
· Administer landline and mobile telephony as required by users and the business
· Consult with external companies and partners as appropriate
· Keep abreast of developments within the IT industry
· Adopt a “Right First Time” attitude
· Perform any other duties as designated by the management team
The Person / Skills and Experience:
· MS Desktop and Server operating systems
· Active Directory and Group Policy
· TCP/IP Networking
· Hardware (HP & Dell) installation and maintenance
· Virtualisation Technologies
· Software installation and maintenance
· VMware vSphere
· Disk Imaging tools
· DNS, DHCP, SAN
· Exchange 2010 /13 administration
· SQL Server administration
· XenServer and Desktop administration
· Blackberry Server administration
· Professional qualification such as MCSE
The ideal candidate will enjoy working as part of a small team, be flexible and keep up to date with technology, as well as having the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
We are committed to staff development and will provide technical training where necessary.
If you or anyone you know may be interested in the above position please feel free to contact Andrew Carlin on email@example.com or 0141 221 4166
Care Home Manager
£40,000 to £45,000
Do you want to be able to care for your residents the right way?
This is an excellent and rare opportunity for an experienced Care Home Manager to take the lead in running an independent private residential nursing home.
You'll take a leading role in a long established home with c.50 residents and a full nursing, care and domestic team that will report to you. Most staff are very experienced and have worked with the home for some time.
Full administrative support is provided so you can focus on what you do best: managing the care of your residents. You'll be tasked with improving the current levels of training and care, reviewing and improving processes and ensuring the home operates as efficiently as possible. A hands-on approach is positively encouraged.
To qualify for the role, you'll need to be an experienced Care Home Manager with specific experience of working with elderly service users and dementia patients. You should be a good people manager able to motivate and direct staff effectively. You should welcome change for the sake of improvement and be able to effectively deliver.
For professional reasons, you must be a registered nurse and hold an SVQ4 in Management. A valid PVG check is a compulsory part of the process.
What's on offer?
A supportive environment focussed on care
A chance to run your own home effectively and make your mark
A high level of responsibility and autonomy
A competitive salary and "office" working hours as standard
How to apply:
To register your initial interest, please send in your CV. Suitable applicants will be contacted and provided with a full and detailed description of the role and the home.
ASA are currently looking to recruit experienced Auto Electricians for an ongoing contract within the Dalgety Bay area. The main duties will include:
Wire the control box to the chassis
Ensure that units are completed within set times and to expected quality targets.
Report any defects to cell leader
maintain stock levels
Adhere to companies health & safety policies.
An understanding of commercial vehicle electronics and looming is required.
All applicants will need to provide two good references and an up to date cv.
ASA Are currently working wit their established client who are looking to recruit an experienced Facilities Attendant for a long term contract.
The successful candidate will be required to work within a small facilities team where the duties will include:
Dealing with chemical and gas supply
Ensuring all stock is kept to adequate levels
Must hold a valid Forklift licence
assisting the engineering team with any factory wide emergencies
assisting with the installation and service of equipment
general upkeep of the plant
You will need a good level of computer literacy with an understanding of MS office. The role will involve anti social hours so all candidates need to have a flexible attitude towards working hours.
Two references will need to be supplied with any application.
Temporary Support Workers required for placements in supported living and day centre environments across Edinburgh.
You will be involved in the daily activities of the service, supporting individuals to achieve personal goals and on occasion assisting with personal care needs during the course of the day. A positive and caring attitude and commitment to supporting people is crucial to this role.
It is essential that you have a minimum of 3 months previous experience in a support environment working with adults who have learning and physical difficulties. You must be able to provide at least one reference contact to support this experience. All candidates will be asked to register and fund applications to join the PVG scheme or update existing records.
There are many different shifts to cover to fit around availability for any day of the week, however we ask that you have a flexible approach to our clients' needs.
We offer competitive rates of pay starting from £7.65 per hour with enhanced weekend and night rates and holiday pay accrual. You will also be invited to attend our mandatory Healthcare training courses which are offered free of charge.
ASA Recruitment is a leading supplier of Healthcare workers across the public and private sector. If you would like to apply for this role or to find out more information, contact ASA Recruitment now.
Inspector of works
ASA's client have a fantastic opportunity for a Road's Inspector to join their busy team.
You will be carrying out ad-hoc inspections of the road network, structures drainage and coastal infrastructure and deal with emergency and safety defects. You will be inspected to provide appropriate evidence to support inspections, to carry out your daily duties in compliance with health and safety regulations and procedures, ensuring work being compleated complies with the specifications and drawings.
You need to demonstrate a sound understanding or experience of Road Infrastructure maintenance operations and activities, traffic management and site safety adhering to the codes of practice.
· Have experience in roads maintenance
· Be computer literate
· Have excellent communication skills and be able to delegate
· Be able to hold meetings with a range of people from members of the public, clients and other members of staff.
· Be able to work as part of a team or independently
For more information regarding this role contact our specialist recruitment team where your application will be dealt within a confidential & professional manner
ASA's client, a utilities company based in Glasgow have an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Specialist on a permanent basis.
Main purpose of the role
o Day-to-day operation of Procurement system(s) and process(es) to deliver efficient operation
o Responsive user support and planned outputs
o Collection and analysis of data to inform various initiatives across all procurement functions
o Undertaking procurement initiatives under the guidance of line manager
o Influencing stakeholders and negotiating with suppliers to deliver cost savings and other benefits and to achieve Procurement’s business plan targets
· MCIPS qualification (or studying for MCIPS) or equivalent, technical knowledge of a market sector applicable to the organization and experience in systems administration.
· Experience of conducting different types of procurements.
· Numerate with a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet analysis.
· Basic report writing capability.
· Commercial mindset (ability to negotiate, understanding of finance, deal maker)
Salary £25k - £33k depending on experience
Apply today by attaching your CV for consideration
ASA's client, a long established company within the Travel and Leisure industry require an Inbound Sales Advisor to join their Glasgow City Centre office.
You will take calls from new and established customers dealing with enquiries on hotel bookings nationwide. You will maximise all Sales Opportunities by providing a professional service, explaining the features and benefits of the product and suggesting alternatives and extras to maximise profitability. You will continually gain product knowledge to offer the best advice possible to customers in order to match their requirements and gain repeat business.
Responsible for achieving all personal sales targets
Responsible for gaining an in-depth knowledge of all company products
Responsible for using product knowledge to identify sales opportunities and to close the sale
Identify customer needs through effective questioning and selecting appropriate products
Responsible for consistently providing a professional service that exceeds customer expectations
Take responsibility for own personal development by seeking feedback from others and acting upon it.
Responsible for encouraging and assisting team members.
Ensure own work is fully accurate and to a high standard
You will be a 'results orientated' individual with a determination to exceed Sales Targets and make monthly commission. In addition you will have a passion for Customer Service with excellent communication skills and the ability to build rapport with customers.
If you have a real passion for Sales & Customer Service and want to be part of an great company in a fun environment then please apply today by attaching your CV.
Salary £14k-£15k + Commission + excellent benefits including Free Hotel Trips!
ASA Recruitment is currently looking for talented and flexible Chefs of all levels to work on various temporary contracts in and around the Glasgow area.
We are looking for Chefs with;
-a minimum of 6 months UK experience
-relevant qualifications (City and Guilds, NVQ or equivalent)
-a strong background in hotel and catering, contract catering or catering in a care environment
-must be flexible, willing to travel and happy to hit the ground running!
-a UK Drivers License and car would be an advantage given the varied locations of work
In return we offer;
-competitive rates of pay from £9.00-£14.00 depending on location
-flexibility in working hours
-new opportunities to learn and grow in some of the Glasgow's most prestigious kitchens
-holiday pay accrued as you work.
Work available for immediate start.
References will be requested at interview, applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing financial statements/reports relating to Investment Products such as OEICs (Open Ended Investment Companies), Unit Trusts and other collective investment schemes.
• Prepare accurate interim & annual long and short reports within agreed timescales and ensure timely delivery of the reports to Compliance, Trustee/Depositary, FCA & Clients
• Prepare accurate working papers within agreed timescales.
• Prepare quarterly working papers for tax provisions within agreed timescales when required.
• Prepare audit packs and send to Trustee / Depositary within required timescales. Resolve any queries/issues.
• Calculate distribution rates / yields / TERs /OCFs accurately and within agreed timescales.
• Raise any issues found in the preparation of the accounts to senior, and discuss where necessary with the relevant team.
• Implement any regulatory changes as advised and provide technical advice to other teams if and when required.
• On-going review of all tasks within your designated area, ensuring that improvements are made which result in enhanced client servicing.
• To contribute to and assist with any initiatives or projects relevant to your business area.
• Ability to provide cover to an agreed standard all tasks undertaken within the team.
• Qualified/Part Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
• Prior practical accounting experience within Fund Accounting/Reports
• Ability to consistently work accurately under pressure
• Computer literate
• Accuracy and attention to detail
ASA Recruitment are looking to recruit a administrator to work Glasgow.
Key requirements include:-
Strong/Confident telephone/reception skills.
Experience of dealing with members of the public.
Good organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workload
Proficient in the use of Word, Excel and Outlook
Able to work as part of a team
Punctual and Reliable
It is essential that you are available for an immediate start.
Pay rate for the first 12 weeks will be £7.85 per hour plus holiday pay although this will rise after 12 weeks should the assignment continue beyond this period to £8.72 per hour plus holiday pay.
Working hours are 8.45am to 4.45pm Monday to Friday.
Business Support Assistant
£16,000 - £20,000
ASA's client, a market leader in their field are seeking a Business Support Assistant to join their team in Edinburgh.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills -
§ First class customer service skills via phone, Skype, email and face to face.
§ Excellent planning and organisation skills.
§ Strong ability to demonstrate ownership.
§ Attention to detail and accuracy for delivery of tasks.
§ Good understanding of recruitment industry disciplines.
§ Sound communication skills demonstrated with all colleagues and customers.
§ Good written skills and proficient use of MS Office systems.
Too apply simply send in your CV